It is used along with a proper diet to help lower “bad” cholesterol and fats (such as LDL, triglycerides) and raise “good” cholesterol (HDL) in the blood.A high level of Cholesterol in the blood may lead to several fatal diseases. Lipiget Tablets work effectively to prevent and control such diseases by lowering the cholesterol level in the blood. Lipiget Tablet is used to
- Decrease the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as Heart attacks and strokes.AtherosclerosisHigh blood pressureDiabetesObesityPeripheral Arterial disease
StorageLipiget Tablets should be stored at room temperature, not exceeding 30c. It should be kept in a dry place, away from moisture and excessive heat. Make sure to keep out of reach of children
Introduction For Lipiget 40mg
- Lipiget tablet contains Atorvastatin 40mg in it which is a hypolipidemic/anti-atheroma medication.
- It belongs to the STATIN category of drugs.
- Oral route of administration
- It is used for decreasing bad cholesterol & fats like LDL and triglycerides. And helps to raise good cholesterol, HDL in the blood.
- Lowering LDL and triglycerides in blood can help treat conditions like heart attack, stroke, diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure & peripheral arterial disease.
- Caution is advised while using lipiget 40mg for kidney disease, liver disease, and alcohol use.
- Contraindicated in pregnancy and lactating mothers. Also, not for use in children
- Max dose per day is 80 mg
- Inform the doctor of all prescription & non-prescription medications that you use before taking lipiget 40mg
Why Choose Lipiget 40mg
Lipiget tablet contains 40mg of atorvastatin in it which is a hypolipidemic agent that aids in lowering bad cholesterol and raising good cholesterol. Therefore, Lipiget is useful in decreasing risks of cardiovascular (heart & blood vessels) diseases and helps prevent heart attacks, strokes, hypertension, need for heart surgery & other cholesterol-related diseases. Lipiget works by inhibiting chemical substance activity in the body responsible for making cholesterol.
This medication should be used, or it works better if exercising, losing weight & smoking is stopped. Along with Lipiget certain lifestyle changes like eating a proper diet which is low in cholesterol & fat help in better action of the drug. Its course of therapy in homozygous & heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, & in primary dysbetalipoproteinemia depends upon the severity of the condition.
Storage For Lipiget 0mg
Which foods should be avoided while using Lipiget?
You should avoid high-fat & high-cholesterol foods, grapefruit, and alcohol while taking Lipiget.
Can Lipiget be taken with food?
You may use it with or without food
Does statin use make you age faster?
A study reports that statins could slow aging as they are associated with longer telomere length
How long will it take for Atorvastatin to produce its action?
Lipiget starts to work on the condition in about 2 to 4 weeks of treatment
Which of the statins work best when taken at bedtime?
Effects of statins with short half-lives like lovastatin, fluvastatin & simvastatin are increased if they are taken at bedtime as it allows their greatest concentration during peak cholesterol synthesis.
Instructions For Lipiget 40mg
- For oral administration i.e. by mouth only
- Its initial dose is 10 mg taken once a day. After several weeks its dose is adjusted however, it shouldn’t exceed the maximum dose of 80 mg.
- While using other cholesterol-lowering medicines like cholestyramine or colestipol, make sure to use lipiget 40mg at a difference of 1 hour before or 4 hours after taking the above-mentioned medications.
- Complete its full prescribed course even if you start feeling better (mostly takes 4 weeks before getting its full benefit)
- Also properly follow the doctor’s guided exercise and diet.
- The tablets should be stored at room temperature not above 30 degrees. And keep away from moisture and excessive heat.
- Use it at the same time every day
Avoid its use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients present in the medicine. Inform your doctor if you have a past medical history of liver disease or kidney disease before using this medication. Daily alcohol intake with atorvastatin increases the risk of liver damage, so limit the use of alcoholic beverages. It is contraindicated or not recommended when used in pregnant females and lactating mothers. Avoid drinking or eating grapefruit while using lipiget 40mg as it increases lipiget 40mg concentration in the blood. Do not use atorvastatin with red yeast rice products as it increases the risk of liver and serious muscle problems.