Getryl 4mg medication is a prescribed medication that is composed of Glimepiride and belongs to the medical class of diabetes.
Getryl 4mg tablet works by reducing the level of glucose in the blood. This is done by activating the released insulin from the pancreas.
If we discuss the Getryl 4mg tablet availability in Pakistan, you can find it almost in every medical store. It is also available in the online medical store. But before you order, make sure that the store belongs to the trusted ones. Getryl 4mg tablet price in Pakistan is reasonable and affordable.
How To Use
- Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water.
- Take this medicine right before breakfast or a main meal.
- Swallow it as a whole, do not crush or chew the medicine.
- Take it at the same time every day to help you remember.
- Or use it exactly as instructed by your doctor.
Avoid this medication if:
- You are allergic to this medicine or its contents (Sulfa, etc.)
Consult your doctor if:
- You are pregnant, planning to have a child, or breastfeeding.
- Do you have any sort of digestive problems?
- You have a medical history of Liver diseases, kidney diseases, thyroid problems, blood disorders, etc.
- Inform your physician about any other medication you are taking. Especially NSAIDs, thyroid medicines or blood pressure medications (such as Beta Blockers, or ACE inhibitors.)
Be careful about:
- Having your meals on time to maintain blood sugar levels
- Taking the medicine timely, in the way that your physician has prescribed (with food)
- Following the lifestyle changes that your physician has suggested.
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided.
Type II Diabetes
This medicine is used for managing non-insulin-dependent diabetes
Patients using this medicine might experience:
- Low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia)
- temporary visual impairment
- stomach disturbances
- liver impairment
- metallic taste
- abnormal Vitamin B-12 levels.
- Allergy to sulfonylurea or sulphonamides
- Type I diabetes
- diabetic ketonemia (abnormally high levels of ketone bodies)
- metabolic acidosis (metabolic disorder with increased acidity in the body)
- Lactic acidosis (buildup of Lactate in the body causing acidity)
- malnourished or debilitated patients
- adrenal insufficiency
- severe lung dysfunction
- Hypoxemia (decreased concentration of oxygen in blood)
- congestive heart failure.
What family of drugs does this medicine belong to?
This drug belongs to a class of drugs known as sulfonylureas. These drugs are used in the treatment and management of diabetes.
Is it safe to have Glimepiride getryl 4mg with other anti-diabetic medications such as Sitagliptin?
It is safe to take these medications together if your physician has recommended it. However, it is important to be even more careful about your meals and dosing schedule, to lower the risk of low blood sugar.
Can this drug be used with Insulin?
If your physician has recommended adding insulin to your treatment, then it should be taken along with this drug. Please make sure that you do not change the prescribed doses in any way, since this may cause changes in blood sugar levels.
Is it better to take metformin with this drug?
Metformin belongs to a different class of drugs, and it can be used along with this drug to improve blood sugar levels. It is safe to take metformin along with this drug, only if your doctor recommends it, and keeps the necessary precautions in mind.
Can this medicine cause low blood sugar?
This is a possible side effect but can be avoided if meals are taken regularly.
Is this drug safe to use during pregnancy?
No. This drug is not recommended for use in pregnancy. Please consult your doctor before using it during pregnancy.
Can I use this drug during lactation?
No. The use of this medication is not recommended for use during lactation. Please consult your doctor before using this drug during breastfeeding.
Can I use this medicine if I have a kidney disease?
This medicine is not recommended for use in kidney problems because it can further worsen the condition. Please consult your doctor for further assistance.
Can I use this medication if I have a liver impairment?
Glimepiride getryl 4mg is advised to be used cautiously in patients with liver disease. Your doctor may carefully alter the doses if you suffer from it.
What will happen if I skip glimepiride getryl 4mg for a few days?
This medicine should not be skipped as it can worsen your diabetes. If however, this medication is missed, take the missed pill as soon as you remember but do not double the dose. Complete the full course as recommended by your doctor.
Can I use this drug if I have a sulfa allergy?
Avoid using this drug if you are allergic to sulfonylureas or sulfonamides.
Can I use this drug with my blood pressure medicine?
Certain blood pressure medicines may increase the effect of glimepiride and cause the blood sugar levels to fall even more causing hypoglycemia. For this reason, you must consult your doctor before starting therapy with this drug along with any hypertension medicines.